Tuesday 16 October 2018

Day 2 Durham Record Office

I set off earlier to allow a little more time today; it's easy enough to get into Durham but the traffic really builds up after 3pm and it takes longer to get away. 

Today I've been checking up on Brown baptisms in Washington, County Durham which has helped with the families of Richard and Mary Brown (in my own family tree) and the children of Ralph and Jane Brown (which includes Burdett Lambton Brown). I've confirmed more details for the Fair family (which I'll write up in a separate post) which has suggested a clue as to why my great grandmother, Hannah Tweddle might have been born in Hull. 

Doesn't sound like much but trawling through microfilms is very time consuming. 

I've spent much of the evening transferring all this to Ancestry but I still have to work out what I need to do tomorrow, my last day. I'm hoping to include Memorial Inscriptions but we'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment